Aller au contenu principal
I had a problem to go Digital for my #sketchnotes.
Thanks to the help of Sachac, I made the switch , when looking at a video of how she was using Sketchbook Pro.
The main pain points for me were :
- The interface was too much in the way ( much more than a a pen and a moleskine ) ( as I do not know how to sketch , I need not a lot to side track me)
- My digital sketch were far too big on the screen i.e. not I could not put enough stuff on a A4 ( less than on my A5 moleskine) . Zooming in and out was getting me lost.
The solution to this last point was to add a grid on a layer , which gave me a sense of the scale at a given point. Plus I added another Layer for the framework, where zones can be pre alloted, and which helps getting bearings when zooming and moving around.
This post is about using Scrivener for the redaction of post, and practices to stay in the flow.
- Before, I was writing directly in WordPress, in markdown, or offline in some markdown editor.
- Now I do the design and the edition in scrivener. Then export to Markdown, and push it to WordPress .
I will describe :
- the benefits I feel using this approach,
- the alternatives I used before,
- and where I feel there is still some frictions.
After a quick view on the setup.
Here is the core setup I use . Corkboard on the left, Text on the right ( Scrivenings). I used the Quick reference to type the text of one card.
Roman uses the word barriers on his Product Vision Board. The Intuition came to me to use this word barriers slighly differently, as follows:
- A User aims at an objective , and barriers are what prevent to reach it (easily, with flow).
- A product become then something that lower this barrier, a helper.
- The value of the product become then the reduced cost of the effort 1
This bring potential to investigate products, and figure value as such:
These days ( 2014) , My main professional interest is about the collective intelligence and cooperative behavior of human, especially in the « professional » field. I believe most of the impact can be done where people spend 8h a day. If you can impact this , you will impact them when they go back in their families, and from there, the « society ».
Progress so Far:
First RCA done , and pushed to Alberto for Private review (am I ashamed to share it, btw ? hm.. need for approbation . specialness?)
documented the Persona approach and created the seed of a [glossary]
Lets create a few fictitious Persona, and run a few Root Cause Analysis on their concerns. From these concerns we will derive needs ( and barriers) . Then we aggregate the result from different Personas, and this give us a start to the Haskell Ecosystem, these personas are the actors from the Ecosystem. either as Key Partners, Key Resources or Market Segment( and from this understanding we would derive opportunities, products, and « go to market « strategy).
When preparing the root Cause Analysis at the 1st Person, I realize I was listing feelings in fact, or values, so I did the motivator exercise from Jurgen Appello, i.e. :
- classifying your motivation in your personal order, then
- perceiving the delta for a given situation ( target would be here is a Haskell job) ( the + /- here below )
mainly gains, no loss
if I would map these values to my currents jobs, I am FAR offset… 1 to 3 are barely touched…
when experimenting with BmFiddle 1, I got pissed with D&D being not reliable (enough), at least for the kanban. I am giving Trello 4 another try…
1/ I saw Trello are developing in « public », and one can vote on it (eat you own dogfood !)… nice mix of Roadmap, and Electronic Democracy (@Alberto )…
The Short Story:
I want to have a job I like, that is: Experiment with Haskell. I realized it will not happen by magic and that I may have to create it. I also realize I will not be able to do it alone. nor would it be fun. And I will need other Haskell lovers feedback to keep me going. and Celebrate.
%d blogueurs aiment cette page :