Ecocycle-2012 Quick Reference Card
- innovators are free to act, but are not sure yet of what to do
- Administrators know exactly what to do, but there is no room to manoever
- In between , Managers know what to do to grow from birth to maturity
and Leaders are free to create a new visions, by releasing what is not relevant anymore.
The first context is about trust, the middle one about logic, the last one about Power
There are traps
- Innovators may fail the right choices to gather a community , and turn an idea into a successful entrepreneurship ( Formerly : poverty/ scarcity trap )
- Excess of conservatism leads to a crisis, and the confusion to release the old patterns ( Formerly : Rigidity trap)
- In between is the sweet spot from Birth to Growth (Front loop) – and the re-foundation and trans-formation (Back Loop)
Means and Ends
The front loop focuses on means, and People are a means to an end,
Then back loop focuses on Ends, and People are an end in itself.
Tags: #ecocycle, #transformation
The New Ecology of Leadership: Business Mastery in a Chaotic World, 2012, ISBN: 978-0-231-15970-8